Our Professional Fees cover us to act on the purchase of the property, to review the contract and advise you of the conditions you are legally bound by, to provide advice regarding changes to the conditions of the contract which are not in your favour, liaising with your mortgagee (bank) and to attend settlement. For example:
- Are you buying the property as Joint Tenants or Tenants in Common - What does this mean?
- Is the property in a Mine Subsidence Area? If so you need to be aware there are some risks when building in a mine subsidence area.
Disbursements are monies we pay to third parties. Some examples are:
- $250.00 for a pest report
- $250.00 for a building report
- $500.00 for a strata roll search if you are buying a property within a strata. We note a strata roll search is obtained instead of a pest and building
- $700.00 for property searches with all state departments (i.e electricity, Sydney water, education) to ensure they have no interest in relation to the property you are buying. It is considered prudent to make property inquiries with the relevant state authorities. The property searches information is different to the information that is provided in the council 149 certificate contained in the contract.